Wix.LaunchAction.Uninstall doesn't do anything

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:17 PM
Hi. I installed this package, created the default out-of-the-box UI project, and referenced it from my existing bootstrapper application.

The install of the product worked great the first time.

However when I try to uninstall, I can see that it sends the Wix.LaunchAction.Uninstall, but it doesn't actually do anything. I did have to tweak the UI to enable the button manually since not all of the packages came back with a state of "present". Some came back as "Obsolete".
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2015 at 1:20 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2015 at 1:20 PM
Can you tell me the version of Wix using? Also, what version of WixWPF installer did you use?

When you "tweak the UI" did you set the "Visibility" and/or "Enabled" properties of the buttons directly? If so, that would have broken the data binding to the "InstallerInfo" object and could be the reason the buttons you're experiencing strange behavior.

Can you share the code for how you determine which button need to be enabled manually? I may be able to do a screen share with you if we can find a good time.
Sep 29, 2015 at 1:40 PM
I'm using WiX Toolset v3.9.1208.0 and WixWPF v3.8.

I noticed that the install/uninstall buttons are triggered by ALL packages stating Wix.PackageState.Present in the OnDetectComplete(). However, in my bootstrapper, I am installing IIS Express and that always comes back as "Obsolete" no matter what. So I just changed the check to ignore the IIS Express package. The Install/Uninstall buttons now appear appropriately. The UI comes up when I do an uninstall from add/remove programs, but Uninstall doesn't do anything at all.

I could post the log somewhere else or email it to you (it's too long to post here). I don't see any errors that really jump out at me.
Sep 29, 2015 at 2:03 PM
Actually, I just tried this again on a clean VM and the uninstall did work as expected.

I must have something goofy and wonky on my development machine that is preventing the uninstall from happening.
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2015 at 2:47 PM
Great! I'm glad you got it working.